Search This Blog

First day; What Will It Going To Be?

Sunday, February 11, 2018



I, together with my colleagues went to the Department of Public Work and Highways-Compostela Valley Office of the District Engineer by 7:30 in the morning with a smile on our faces and a pounding heart. I was excited yet nervous at the same time. I was excited because I know that I can gain a lot of learning for 80 hours.
            First stop, human Resource Office for the orientation and deployment, but before anything else, “Bay, picture-ri sa ko.”

            We’ve waited at the office of the Human Resource (HR) for us to be deployed in the different sections. The HR Admin oriented us that we will be assigned on the different technical sections, 2 of us will be at the Quality Assurance Section, another 2 will be on the Construction Section, 2 for the Maintenance Section, and 2 for the Planning and Design Section. I am assigned at the Planning and Design Section together with Emanuel Caracho.
            The Chief of the Planning and Design Section was confused when we were introduced to him since there was no vacant seat and space for us, yet he told us to just do what we can do and what we’re supposed to do which was to observe. He didn’t let us do some clerical works since he believed that we will be engineers soon and that’s not the work of an engineer.

            It was nerve-wracking seeing everybody facing their computers, and for a beginner, I wished I’ll be there, on a very nice cubicle, with 2 monitors in front of me 8 years from now.
            That was my first day immersion story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS