Search This Blog

23rd Simballay Festival

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Taga asa ka Dai?


Well for a beginner, what to write? Then, I wondered, what is Simballay by the way? Simballay is a mansaka word that means togetherness, sharing and thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest.
Simballay festival is a celebration of the year's abundance and also a celebration of all the blessings God had showered.
This year is the 23rd year of celebrating such festivity, and I can say, even in daylight, it was awesome! Awesome in the sense that people of Nabunturan created such amazing stalls or 'bahay kubo' with just the resources available in town. The festival also caught the crowd’s attention with the hundreds of umbrellas above.
I haven't had gone to such festivity even once, but as I pass by before going home, I can dearly appreciate its beauty and and I can feel its fun.
The festival was celebrated for a week,hence, the memories of it is for a  lifetime.
'Taga asa ka Dai?' Dili man ko taga Nabunturan, pero maka ingon ko nga proud kaayo ko ani nga lugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS